Sunday, July 10, 2016

Please Pass the Coffee

My work has always been very intuitive and it is rare for me to sketch out ideas. I prefer to sit down at the easel and bring out whatever image is already 'there' in the board. Maddening, yes. I like the challenge of creating something meaningful out of happenstance. Isn't that what life is all about? When I drip coffee onto paper and move it around, I haven't the faintest clue what will appear. There's a bit of anxiety in it all. There's a bit of expectation. What if I draw a line that goes nowhere and I regret it? Make it happen. Figure it out. Turn it into something else.

Such is the story for these creatures below. Each one represents a facet of my creaturehood. Each one appeared when I followed the pen. I have been posting drawings daily on my Instagram. Follow to see each one. Lisa Albinger on Instagram

Lisa Albinger, 2016

Lisa Albinger, 2016

Lisa Albinger, 2016

Lisa Albinger, 2016