Thursday, February 2, 2012

B. Love Money White Chocolate

I woke up this morning with the idea to write a blog post every day for the month of February. I realize it's already Feb 2 and I've missed a day. I don't know why I'm compelled to do this as I'm usually quite reserved, however it's a new year, a new month, and today happens to be Candlemas, so this is for Brigid.

The image that popped in my head right away is 'B.Love Money White Chocolate'. It sold in 2005 right after completion. B.Love is the rabbit and in real life (because I always paint about my real life) he is my dear friend Bryan. Ever since this painting he refers himself to B. or B.Love. B.Love drinks iced chai lattes at Starbucks and now lives in Austin, Texas. He also introduced me to Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

All of the detail was completed with cotton swabs. I don't think I used a paintbrush much at all.

If you look closely you may be able to figure out the story. Raspberries hang from the sky because at the time my friend Anna was baking a delicious raspberry chocolate torte. Food often inspires me, that is true.

B.Love was completed in a week and was one of four of my images that appeared on cards at Hot Topic in 2007.