Friday, February 3, 2012

None More Black



It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.
~Nigel Tufnel, Spinal Tap


You know you're going to have a good day when it starts out with a Spinal Tap quote.

Today's photo is of the board and frame for my next painting and I'm sharing this with you because it's possibly the most exciting part of the process. Once the paint is applied it can feel like work. Right now in this moment it's a blank board, a clean slate, and the possibilities are endless. I can do anything I want. And I think that's something people forget about in their lives. Everyone has the power to change, to pull out a fresh clean piece of paper, and to create the picture of the life they want.

I've slowly started to gather information for this piece... time, beakers, 'Time in a Bottle'... which very well may be the title.

Speaking of time, I will be in Flagstaff tonight for the Random Hearts group show at West of the Moon Gallery from 6-9pm to represent my painting '3 Years, 9 Months, 8 Days'. Perhaps Flagstaff will be the inspiration to this new piece. Stay tuned.

*I've been asked where images of my past work have gone - If you're looking for my past work (pre 2010), Google my name and you may find some.